Hi all. Hope you all are doing well. I have been busy on my Vacation holidays travelling, spending time with family, visiting relatives, shopping. So I couldn’t make a post last month. Thanks for waiting and supporting my blog. I was so lazy to cook there as I was enjoying mom’s food. Finally travelled back to Oman with many recipes, recipes books from India. So there will be a lots of new recipes coming on the upcoming days.I took some days to get settled here. And now I am back in schedule with my daily routine. To motivate myself I thought of starting with post of a simple recipe made with an all-time life saver veggie Potatoes. This dish is a combo of potatoes and cumin seeds(jeera). Aloo jeera fry goes well with Rice,dal or Sambar and Variety Rice like Lemon Rice,Curd Rice.
Also take a look at other Potato Recipes
Preparation Time : 10 mins
Cooking Time : 20 mins
Serves : 2 -3 Persons
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 3 tsp
- Garlic – 6 pods (chopped)
- Potato – 2 or Sliced Potatoes – 2 Cups
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Green chillies – 4 (chopped)
- Salt to taste
- Dry amchur powder – 1/2 tsp or as per taste (optional)
- Coriander leaves – a few (chopped)
1.Peel off the skin of potatoes. Wash them well and Slice them into neither thick nor thin slices or squares. Heat oil in a kadai. Once it is hot add cumin seeds. Then add chopped garlic. Saute them well in oil. Then add sliced potatoes to it.
2. Mix the potatoes well with the cumin seeds and garlic. Fry the potatoes to light golden in medium flame. Add turmeric powder,chopped green chillies. Adjust green chillies to your spice level. Add salt to taste.Combine them well. Fry them for 2- 3 minutes. Finally add amchur powder and chopped coriander leaves. Switch off the flame.
Click here for more Vegetarian Recipes.