Today I was craving for chapati. Just want to skip my usual rice meal and have chapati for lunch. And thought of making this mushroom gravy along with it as this gravy would be a great sidedish to along with chapati. Mushroom gravy is an easy and simple dish to pair with chapati, Roti, Naan, and Rice. Mushroom is cooked in a gravy of onion, tomato and spices. Now let’s see how to make this recipe
Preparation Time :15 mins
Cooking Time : 25 mins
Serves : 2 Persons
Also check out other Mushroom Recipes in my blog
- Oil – 1.5 tbsp
- Onions – 1(big size, sliced)
- Green chillies – 3
- Ginger garlic paste – 1/2 tbsp
- Tomato – 1 (Big size, chopped)
- Salt to taste
- Mushroom – 250 g
- Coriander leaves – a few (chopped)
- Mint leaves – a few (chopped)
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala – 1/4 tsp
- Heat oil in a kadai. Add sliced onions to it. Saute them well. Add green chillies,ginger garlic paste. Saute until the raw smell goes off. Then add chopped tomatoes. Cook until the oil starts to appear. Add about 1/2 cup water. Cook till the water gets reduced and the onions tomatoes get mushy.
2.Add sliced mushrooms to it. Mix well. Add chopped Coriander leaves and mint leaves. Add Turmeric powder, Coriander powder and red chilli powder and combine the mushrooms well with the gravy. Mushrooms will start releasing water. Cook till the water is reduced and gravy has thicken. Finally add garam masala. Give a nice mix and switch off the flame.
Serve hot with Chapati, Roti, Naan or Rice.
Click here for more Vegetarian recipes.