As the weather is cold and it is unexpectedly raining here. I just love to have a hot cup of coffee. So I was thinking of making some hot snacks to have with it. I don’t want a deep fried snack and this kabab came in my mind. This time decided to make it with yam
You can also take a look at the other recipes made with yam.
Lets get into the recipe of yam kebab
Preparation Time : 20 mins
Cooking Time : 25 mins
Makes : 15
- Yam – 400 g
- Garlic – 6 cloves
- Ginger – 2 inch piece
- Green chillies – 5
- Coriander leaves – a handful
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
- Oats powder – 1/4 cup
- Bread crumbs – 2 tbsp or as needed
- Oil – 3 tbsp
1.Peel off the skin of yam. Chop them into cubes. Pressure cook them with sufficient water until they get soft. Drain the water and transfer them into a mixing bowl.
2. Mash well the cooked yam. Grind ginger, garlic, green chilli and coriander leaves into coarse paste. Add them to the bowl. Add salt, Turmeric powder, red chilli powder, Coriander powder, Cumin powder and garam masala to it and mix well. Add powdered Oats and bread crumbs to it and combine well. So they get a nice binding texture.
3. Heat oil in a frying pan or tawa. Make round patties out of the mixture and fry them in the oil. Fry until both the sides turn golden. Then remove from the pan. Place them in tissue to absorb excess oil.
Serve hot with tomato ketchup or hot sauce.