I got this recipe from my friend. I have made some changes to it and cooked it. Methi and potato go well together. It pairs well with Rice and dal or sambar or any variety Rice. On this particular day, I made it along with Dal Rice(Arisi paruppu Sadam) and Radish pachadi. I will post the recipe of this simple Radish pachadi soon. You too can try this combo it will definitely be a hit.
Also try the other fry/roast recipes with Potato
Lets get into the recipe of aloo methi fry
Preparation Time : 15 mins
Cooking Time : 25 mins
Serves : 3
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Onion – 1 (medium sized, chopped)
- Green chillies – 2(chopped)
- Potatoes – 3(medium size, chopped )
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Amchur powder – 1 tsp
- Fenugreek leaves /methi leaves – a bunch
1.Wash the potatoes and peel off the skin. Chop them into cubes. Cut off the roots of the fenugreek leaves and chop the remaining finely. Soak them in a bowl of water and wash them well to get rid of the dirt. To a kadai add 1 tbsp of oil. When it’s hot. Add Cumin seeds let them turn light golden. Then Add chopped onions to it. Saute the onions till they get pink. Add chopped green chillies and potatoes to it. Saute them well. Allow them to cook for about 5 mins in medium flame. When the potatoes are half cooked, add salt to it.
2. Add Turmeric powder, red chilli powder to it and mix well. Add the chopped methi leaves to it and saute them well the leaves will begin to shrink. Continue Cooking for 5 mins. Finally, add amchur powder and give a nice mix. Switch off the flame. Aloo methi is ready to be served.
Click here for more Vegetarian recipes.