Today I cooked Rice, moong dal curry, cauliflower pepper fry and appalam(pappadams) for my lunch. There were only cauliflower and cabbage lying in my fridge as I didn’t go for my grocery shopping yet. So planned to cook this menu and make a post of cauliflower fry on this blog. I have also posted many other recipes made with cauliflower. Check out them.
Now I am planning of what to make tomorrow and it will be mostly with cabbage. Pepper and Fennel powder are main spices used in this recipe. This give a nice taste to the dish. Also try the similar recipes
Let’s see how to make cauliflower pepper fry.
Preparation Time : 25 mins
Cooking Time : 20 mins
Serves : 2 Persons
- Cauliflower – 500g
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Garlic – 6 pods (chopped)
- Onion – 1(big sized, chopped)
- Curry leaves – a sprig
- Green chillies – 2
- Pepper powder – 1/2 to 1 tbsp
- Fennel powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves – 1/8 cup(finely chopped)
1.Clean and cut the cauliflower into small florets. Wash them well in water. Heat about 1 litre of water in a pan. Bring into a nice boil. Then Add about 1 tsp of salt to it.Add the washed cauliflower pieces to it and let it cook for about 3 mins. Then drain the water and transfer the cauliflower to a bowl.
2.Heat oil in a pan. Add chopped garlic to it. Saute them for a minute. Then add chopped onions, Curry leaves, green chilli slits. Saute them well until the onions turn light golden. Add the cooked cauliflower pieces to it. Mix well. Cover and cook for 5 minutes in low flame.
3. Open the lid. Give a stir to it. Add salt, pepper powder, Fennel powder and mix well. Drizzle 1tbsp of oil. Cover and cook for another 5 mins in low flame. Finally add the chopped Coriander leaves. Cauliflower pepper fry is ready to be served.
Serve with Rice or Roti.
Click here for more Vegetarian recipes.