Chilli Bread – I tasted it for the first time during my college days in a bakery which was near to our college.Seeing the name I was so much fascinated to taste it .It was yummy and I liked it. It tastes so nice when it is had hot. I started trying it at home. My sis was always the tester for me. She encourages me to cook and helps me with buying the ingredients and chopping veggies always. She is a very sweet little sister of mine.She loves Indo Chinese foods. I replicated chilli bread in the same way we make chilli Parotta, chilli chicken etc. But with some changes. Sometimes we even have it as a Dinner. So this is how I tried this recipe and succeeded in its taste. Now My daughter loves it. So I make it for her. It is quick snack and can be prepared easily. Even Bachelors and people new to cooking also can make it easily.Adjust the quantity of sauce to your taste.
Try this recipe. Let’s see how to make it.
Preparation Time : 25 mins
Cooking Time : 10 mins
Serves : 2
For Toasting Bread
- Bread slices – 10
- Butter / Oil as required
For Preparing Sauce
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Garlic – 1 tbsp(finely chopped)
- Ginger – 1/2 tbsp(finely chopped)
- Onion – 2 (medium sized, sliced)
- Capsicum – 1(sliced into thin pieces)
- Soy sauce – 1/2 tbsp
- Tomato sauce – 2 tbsp
- Red chilli sauce – 2 tbsp
1.Grease a tawa with butter or oil and toast the bread to golden. Then cut the slices of bread into pieces.
2. To a pan, add oil. Then add chopped garlic, ginger. Saute for a minute. Then add sliced onions. Saute them till they turn pink and translucent. Then add sliced capsicum and saute them for 2 minutes. Then add soy sauce, tomato ketchup and red chilli sauce. Mix well. Add the bread pieces and mix them well with the sauce. You can also add green part of spring onions if you have.
Click here for more Snacks Recipes.