Masala pori is an instant snack that can be made in no time if everything is kept ready and it is a good alternative for deep fried snacks. I learnt this from my mom. She usually makes this at our home as I often ask her to make this snack. Sometimes I have a strong craving for spicy snacks. So I prepare this and keep it in an airtight container. So that I can munch it whenever I want a snack. Making it is so easy, simple and cost-effective than buying it readymade from shops.
Kids too will love this snacks. My daughter loves this a lot as I do.
Lets see how to make this simple snacks
Cooking Time : 10 mins
- Oil – 3 tbsp (I used groundnut oil)
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Garlic – 2 pods
- Dried red chilli – 2(broken into pieces)
- Peanuts/Groundnuts – 3 tbsp
- Roasted bengal gram – 2 tbsp
- Curry leaves – 2 sprigs
- Asafoetida – 1 pinch
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Puffed Rice – 200g
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp – 1.5 tsp or as per taste
- Salt as required
1.Heat oil in a pan. When it is hot add Mustard seeds. Let them Crackle. Then add lightly crushed garlic, dried red chilli pieces. Saute them well for a minute. Then add peanuts. Saute it for a minute then add roasted Bengal gram. Saute for 2 minutes. The peanuts and roasted Bengal gram should be fried well.
2. Then add curry leaves, asafoetida and Turmeric powder to it. Then switch off the flame. Now add the puffed rice, red chilli powder, salt and mix well. The puffed rice will have some salt so add salt accordingly.
Masala pori / Spicy puffed rice is ready to be served. Store it in an airtight container.
Click here for more Snacks Recipes.