Mushroom has become an all rounder in cooking variety of dishes.We can make a lot of dishes with it either a breakfast,soup,main course,sidedish or snacks.
Mushroom was not a common in our cooking a few years back.I have seen them mostly in my botany books and in our garden at times.But now a wide variety of mushrooms are available at shops.Now I used to put atleast a box of it in my shopping cart always.
I am happy that I have tried different recipes with it. And I hope the list of it will increase. Take a look at my other tried mushroom recipes.
Lets see how to cook it.
Preparation Time : 20 mins
Cooking Time : 30 mins
Serves : 3
Oil – 1.5 tbsp
cinnamon – 2
cardamom – 2
cloves – 3
Onion -2 (sliced)
Tomato -1/2 (big sized,chopped)
ginger garlic paste – 1/2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Mushroom – 250g
For roasting and grinding
Peppercorns – 1/2 tbsp
Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
1. Wash the mushrooms well in water. Dry them with a kitchen towel and then slice them.
2. Dry roast pepper, cumin and fennel for few minutes in low flame until the aroma starts coming out. Then switch off the flame. Allow it to cool down. Then grind them into a fine powder.
3. Heat oil in a pan. Add cinnamon sticks, cloves and cardamom. Let them splutter. Then add broken red chilli pieces, sliced onions. Saute until the onion turns light golden. Add ginger-garlic paste, saute until the raw smell leaves. Add chopped tomatoes. Let it get mushy. Then add salt to taste.
4. Add sliced mushrooms.Mix well.Add turmeric powder.Mix it well with the mushrooms.
5. Cover and cook for 2 minutes. Then add the ground masala powder, curry leaves into it.mix well. Sprinkle some water if the masala is dry. Cover and cook in low flame for 10 mins. Stir in between. Once the mushrooms are cooked, switch off the flame.
Click here for more Vegetarian Recipes.